Holland Center is now hiring!
About the Position:
Holland Center is hiring Behavior Therapists to join our established, Twin Cities based program, working one on one with children with autism using Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). Hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM with no evenings or weekends required.
- 4 Year degree in psychology, special education, communication disorders or a related field.
- Qualified Mental Health Practitioner (2,000 hours of supervised experience working with children or teens with autism, developmental disabilities or mental illness OR hold a Master’s degree in a related field).
- Please note that this position does not offer supervision hours for any field other than BCBA certification.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits
We offer $15-16/hour starting salary and benefit packages including medical, dental and vision as well as a 401K with employer matching and the opportunity to join a close knit team of dedicated professionals. Additionally, we at Holland Center partner with Florida Institute of Technology to allow our staff to get a Master's in Behavior Analysis degree while working here while working here, by offering a guaranteed internship placement and supervision during the second year of the program.
Holland Center is now hiring a half time (20 hours per week) Billing Specialist with the potential to grow into a Full Time position.
- Submit prior authorizations for services
- Verify insurance benefits and coverage
- Apply and collect primary and secondary insurance payments for patient accounts,
- Processes all types of third party claims in a timely and accurate manner
- Reviews all claims in Accounts Receivable and take necessary action to resolve issues in a timely manner, ensuring accurate payment for services provided
- Works credit balance report on a bi-weekly basis, submitting requests for refunds or adjusting account as appropriate
- Initiates claims adjustments and resubmission of claims to insurance carriers
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of third party requirements
- Advises supervisor of any changes in claims processing, denials, or payments
- Develops relationships and works professionally with insurance carriers and clients
- Utilizes all resources available, including electronic inquiries to verify eligibility, benefits, and status of claims
- Sends out monthly client invoices
- Updates demographic and financial information in computer system as needed
- Documents all activity on account in a clear, accurate and consistent manner
- Adheres to HIPAA privacy and confidentiality regulations and guidelines
- Other duties and tasks may be assigned as appropriate or necessary
- Processes payroll biweekly
- Associate's Degree/BA and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in 3rd party billing and collections, preferably in a medical or behavioral health environment
- Superior attention to detail with strong analytical and mathematical/data skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task independently with little supervision
- Proficient in Excel, Quick Practice, or other billing software programs.
The ideal candidate will have experience in medical billing with 2 years plus experience in billing for mental health services. Additional experience in billing for speech language therapy services a plus. The right person must have proven success in mental health medical billing, including posting and balancing charges and insurance payments, written/phone appeals, and patient collections. This person must also have a strong understanding of practice management software, Excel, CPT, ICD-9, and modifier codes. In addition, this person must be able to explain all insurance benefits to patients. The person will also verify insurance, and ensure credentialing of all providers at the center.